Find Military Discounts Now
Military Discounts in South Carolina
MVDC has close to 4000 business locations in South Carolina that have discounts for military personnel and veterans. In addition to businesses providing discounts, the state of South Carolina also provides discounts for those that have served. To find business discounts, enter your zipcode and category in the search box above.
State of South Carolina discounts for veterans and military personnel
Veterans Designation on drivers license: yes
Discounted Fees and Taxes
- Free hunting and fishing licenses to qualified veterans who are totally disabled
- Reduced admission to state parks for permanently and totally disabled veterans who are South Carolina residents.
- Parking fee exemption for municipal meters for veterans' vehicles displaying disabled veteran "V" tag, Purple Heart or Medal of Honor license plate
Property tax and Financial Benefits
- Exemption of state, county, and municipal taxes on the residence of veterans who have lost the use of the use of their lower extremities or who have paralysis of one lateral half of the body resulting from injury to the motor centers of the brain
- Compensation, pension, disability, retirement pay, and VA payments are exempt from state tax
- Homestead exemption for permanently and totally disabled veterans
- Priority given to reimbursement of tuition for state institutions due to activation
- Free tuition to the children of certain war veterans attending SC state supported colleges and universities as well as state supported post high school technical education institutions