Find Military Discounts Now
Military Discounts in Michigan
MVDC has a list of close to 6,700 locations in Michigan that have discounts for military personnel or veterans. Similar to businesses, the state of Michigan provides discounts for its veterans and military population. If you are looking for business discounts, use our search tool above.
State of Michigan discounts for veterans and military personnel
Veterans Designation on drivers license: Yes
Discounted Fees and Taxes
- Military members stationed outside of Michigan can obtain a fishing and hunting license for $1
- Homestead property tax credits for those making less than $86,000.
- Low cost fishing licenses for 100% service rated disabled veterans
- Discounted license plates depending upon the conflict you served in
- Dependent Tuition Assistance: Upon admission to a Michigan institution of higher education, the eligible student may be eligible for tuition waiver up to $2,800 annually for undergraduate study.
- National Guard Association of Michigan Tuition Grants: The National Guard Association of Michigan (NGAM) has scholarships available that eligible members may apply for. NGAM scholarship awards vary depending on the number of applications received. NGAM reviews applications twice a year. The application must be postmarked by 15 June for the June selection and by 15 November for the November selection.
Eligibility: Current, active National Guard Association of Michigan member, Enlisted, warrant officer through CW3, or commissioned officer through Captain, attending a college, university, or trade school.
- University & College Tuition Grants: The Michigan National Guard has worked with several Michigan universities and colleges to offer tuition grants. These grants, used in conjunction with other available tuition assistance programs and the Montgomery GI Bill, can enable Guard members to attend selected colleges and universities at no cost. Several other organizations offer scholarships to Michigan National Guard members.
Eligibility: Michigan National Guard members.