Find Military Discounts Now
Military Discounts in Massachusetts
MVDC has a list of close to 4,500 locations in Massachusetts that have discounts for military personnel or veterans. Similar to businesses, the state of Massachusetts provides discounts for its veterans and military population. If you are looking for business discounts, use our search tool above.
State of Massachusetts discounts for veterans and military personnel
Veterans Designation on drivers license: Yes
Discounted Fees and Taxes
- Free license plates for decorated war veterans (Purple Heart, Congressional Medal of Honor)
- Property tax exemptions for decorated war veterans and veterans with service rated disabilities of 10% or more
- A $500- $1,000 "Welcome Home" bonus to veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. Other wartime era veterans are also eligible. Learn more.
- A 10,000 personal loan at 3% interest (to those that qualify)
- Categorical Tuition Waiver For Veterans and Active Duty Members The Commonwealth of Massachusetts offers a tuition waiver to all veterans and active duty servicepersons who are permanent and legal residents of Massachusetts. This waiver can be used at any Massachusetts state or community college or University campus.
- The Massachusetts National Guard Education Assistance Program provides a 100% tuition and fee waiver for active members of the Massachusetts Army National Guard attending a state college, university, or community college program. Assistance can continue as long as you are good academic standing and until you have reached 130 semester hours.
- Veterans Workforce Investment Program (VWIP) This grant, awarded to the Department of Workforce Development and the Division of Career Services, provides funding for short-term training (less than 48 weeks) for eligible veterans, leading to meaningful employment. Award amounts vary depending on eligibility for other funding sources. General amounts range from $1,200 to $5,000. The grant can be combined with other veteran financial benefits (GI Bill, Chapter 115, etc).
- Public Service Grant is an education scholarship administered through the Department of Higher Education's Office of Student Financial Assistance. This grant is available to children of veterans whose service was credited to the Commonwealth and who were killed in action or died as a result of such service. For a student attending a Massachusetts public college or university, the award shall be equal to the cost of the institution's full-time annual tuition charges. For a student attending a Massachusetts independent college or university, the award shall be equal to the full-time annual tuition charge at the University of Massachusetts Amherst not to exceed $2,500 per academic year.