Find Military Discounts Now
Military Discounts in Maryland
MVDC has a list of close to 4,000 locations in Maryland that have discounts for military personnel or veterans. Similar to businesses, the state of Maryland provides discounts for its veterans and military population. If you are looking for business discounts, use our search tool above.
State of Maryland discounts for veterans and military personnel
Veterans Designation on drivers license: Yes
Discounted Fees and Taxes
- $5,000 of military retirement income exempt from state income tax.
- $15,000 of military pay exempt from state income tax when active duty overseas.
- Active duty service members exempt from 5% excise tax for one year on purchase of a vessel.
- Exemption from property tax for primary residence of 100% disabled veteran and spouse, surviving spouse active duty military killed in the line of duty, and surviving spouse receiving dependency and indemnity compensation.
- Active duty members establishing residency are eligible for tax credit on title tax paid in another state.
- Maryland National Guard members eligible for up to 50% off tuition waiver at state colleges, universities and some private colleges.
- Hodson Trust Star Scholarship: A nonprofit fund and four universities that provide undergraduate and graduate scholarships to eligible veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq Conflicts Scholarship Program: provide financial assistance to service members who served in Afghanistan or Iraq and their family members.
- Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship for eligible veterans and their family members who are attending an institution of higher learning within Maryland.
- Maryland National Guard soldiers or airmen will not pay out-of-state tuition at public institutions of higher learning, regardless of state residence if they are currently serving in critical skill areas.
State Ranking For Military Discounts - 6