Find Military Discounts Now
Military Discounts in Kentucky
MVDC has a list of close to 3,500 locations in Kentucky that have discounts for military personnel or veterans. Similar to businesses, the state of Kentucky provides discounts for its veterans and military population. If you are looking for business discounts, use our search tool above.
State of Kentucky discounts for veterans and military personnel
Veterans Designation on drivers license: Coming in Fall of 2012
Discounted Fees and Taxes
- $20 tax credits for members of the National Guard
- Military retirement pay is partially exempt from state income tax.
- State income tax exemption of all income sources for members of the active and reserve component killed in line of duty, for the year during and the year prior.
- State income tax exemption on all military pay when filing a Kentucky individual tax return.
- Veterans’ personal loan program, up to $10,000 and 10 years.
- State tuition Assistance- Kentucky State Tuition assistance pays 100% of tuition for state supported public institutions up to 12 hours. Kentucky State tuition assistance also pays tuition for KHEAA approved private colleges at a capped rate.
- State tuition waiver for dependents of a veteran who died while serving on active duty.
- State tuition waiver for dependents of a disabled veteran.