Find Military Discounts Now
Military Discounts in Indiana
MVDC has over 7,000 locations in Indiana that have discounts for military personnel or veterans. Similar to businesses, the state of Indiana provides discounts for its veterans and military population. If you are looking for business discounts, use our search tool above.
State of Indiana discounts for veterans and military personnel
Veterans Designation on drivers license: Yes
Discounted Fees and Taxes
- Any Indiana resident with a service-connected disability can purchase a license to hunt and fish in the State of Indiana for a reduced fee.
- Discounted license plates for veterans ($15 for honorably discharged veterans), special plates for disabled veterans, POWs, and Purple Heart veterans.
- State law provides that any wartime veteran who has an honorable discharge shall be granted Peddlers, Vendors, or Hawkers Licenses by all cities and counties free of charge.
- $5000 military pay exemption on state taxes for Indiana residents that have Indiana as their home of record
- Up to $37,440 in property tax deductions for disabled veterans
- Up to $5,000 in grants to active duty families suffering financial hardship due to combat zone mobilization
- The Indiana National Guard Relief Fund, Inc. provides financial grants to Indiana
- Army and Air National Guard members and their families who have encountered difficult situations due to mobilizations or financial hardship or disaster. The Indiana National Guard Relief Fund is a private, non-profit, tax exempt corporation. There are two grants, Fund A grants can be a maximum of $10,000 and Fund B grants can be a maximum of $2,500.
- The Remission of Fees is good for 124 semester hours and may be used for either undergraduate or graduate-level work. The amount allotted is 100% of tuition and all mandatory fees. The term "mandatory fees" is defined as any fee that must be paid by each student attending the institution.
- The natural or legally adopted child(ren) of a disabled veteran may be eligible for remission of fees (free tuition) at any state-supported post-secondary school or university in Indiana. This applies for any college-aged dependent as long as the child was adopted by age 24 and the child is a resident of Indiana.
- The State offers tuition-free education at any state-supported college or university for recipients of the Purple Heart Medal.
- Tuition-free education at any state-supported college or university is available for children of a wartime-era service-connected disabled veteran.
- Active duty military personnel and their dependents stationed in Indiana are eligible for resident tuition rates at any state-supported college or university.
- Professional assistance provided for utilization of GI Bill benefits (Offered by IDVA’s State Approving Agency.)